We prepare inlays instead of old fillings. After removing the old filling or caries we prepare a teeth impression which the dental technician uses to prepare an inlay in a colour identical to your teeth, and we can apply it in the dental chair.
The inlay is much more durable than an aesthetic filling prepared in the dental chair. It lasts for 10 to 15 years.
Contrary to conventional fillings, it is more advantageous in terms of durability, functionality and aesthetics. Both the dentist and the dental technician must act with great precision when they prepare it.
The inlay material can be
- pressed ceramics
The pressed ceramic inlay is the best for restoring rear teeth. It is less marked and can be perfectly adjusted to the colour of the original tooth.
A golden inlay lasts longest. The human body can tolerate gold very well. The golden inlay has perfect resistance against great chewing forces.
The gradia inlay is cheaper, compared to pressed ceramic and golden inlays, which can be an advantage. It is easy to work with; its colour is identical to that of pressed ceramics. It is not as durable as the other two inlays.
Why is an inlay better than the filling if a large part of the tooth is missing?
- It can be fixed securely
- It protects the healthy tooth tissue
- Caries is much less likely to develop with proper mouth hygiene
- It is more aesthetic, the dental technician can form protrusions, grooves more precisely
- The original tooth shape can be perfectly restored
- The contact between adjacent teeth can be created much more precisely. This contact ensures that no food debris remains between the teeth and that the chewing force is distributed on all teeth